2015 was a busy and very productive year for Jennie Drake Park. Our Park Entrance was finally completed, bricks were set and benches in place. In October, the Bennett Thrasher Volunteers completed a large part of our vision by building a bridge across the creek and a path on the other side. We now have walking trails throughout the Park, benches to sit on and, in the spring, lots of new plants to see.
None of this would have happened if it wasn’t for:
- The volunteers who gave up their Saturday mornings to spread mulch, pick up trash, clear land, and plant flowers
- Those individuals who bought bricks, benches and t-shirts
- The Atlanta City Council members
- Neighborhood Planning Unit I
- Park Pride and the guidance from Walt, John and Becky
- Support from the Historic Collier Heights Neighborhood
January- Entrance to Jennie Drake Park is completed!
February- T-shirts go on sale. Water main break in the Park.
April- Tire Roundup
May- Dedication of the Jennie Drake Park Entrance
June- Department of Corrections builds a path to Oldknow Drive
July- Grant received from NPU-I for plants and planting materials
August- National Night Out. Jennie Drake Parks brings the King of Pops!
September- Cookout for the volunteers
October- Bennett Thrasher Work Day
November- North Atlanta High School volunteers