Again this year, Jennie Drake Park “brought the pops” to the Collier Heights Night Out celebration.
Fifty employees from Crown Castle www.crowncastle.com spent several hours in Jennie Drake Park on Wednesday, May 9th. The enthusiastic group removed sections of a fallen tree, built a path to one of the seating areas and planted wildflowers.
The volunteer effort was organized by John Ahern, volunteer coordinator for Park Pride. Helping John was Ellen Bruenderman, program assistant. The mission of Park Pride is “to engage communities to activate the power of parks.”
Thanks to Crown Castle Atlanta and team leaders: Elise Bennett, Gerald Evans, Bryan Jenkins, Eugene Miller, Millicent Norman, and Stanley Riley.
Also, thanks to our two City Council Members, Dustin Hillis, District 9, and Matt Westmoreland, Post 2 At Large, who stopped by and took a walk through Jennie Drake Park.
April 21 (Sat) – 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- Attend Information Session and register at Jennie Drake Park
- Located next to 681 Waterford Rd., NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- To register in advance send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with phone # & e-mail info, name of student, name of parent/guardian who will accompany the student. with phone # & e-mail info, name of student, name of parent/guardian who will accompany the student.
- 1st to 12th grade students may participate.
- Students must come with a parent/Guardian, receive instructions, & take pictures.
- Parents/Guardians must sign consent forms.
- Students must bring their own Cameras/phones.
- Light refreshments available
Saturday, March 17th, 2018
9:00 A.M. – 12:00 noon
Jennie Drake Park
645 Waterford Rd. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318.
Wear long pants, long-sleeved shirt,
and closed toe shoes or boots.
To register by phone contact: Pauline E. Drake at 404-691-0853, or register on-line at: